In September 2019, Sandro’s first album was released worldwide of solo works for piano by Rachmaninov and Prokofiev. This album was recorded for Harmonia Nova – a new collection for talented young classical musicians, produced and distributed internationally by one of the most prestigious labels in the world - Harmonia Mundi. Sandro is the winner of several international piano competitions including: 2nd Prize of "Kissinger Klavierolymp" (2021), Finalist of the 1st China International Music Competition (2019); Grand-Prix winner of the “Grand Piano Competition” (2016); 1st prize winner of the “Astana Piano Passion” (2015), “Sberbank-Debut” (2013), B.Dvarionas Piano Competition (2011) and “Musica Sepashvili Klavierwettbeweb” (2009).
Sandro Nebieridze was born on January 7, 2001 in Tbilisi, Georgia. He began to study piano at the age of 5 with Professor Lali Sanikidze and composition at the age of 9 with Professor Maka Virsaladze. From September 2018-2021 was student of Tbilisi State Conservatory, where he is studying piano, along with composition. Since October 2021 studies Piano at Munich School of Music and Theatre with Prof. Antti Siirala. Sandro is the winner of several international piano and composition competitions. Also participant of international festivals in Europe, Russia and Georgia.
Sandro has also taken many prizes for musical composition including: “Best Composition of 2016” (Georgia) with his Piano Concerto N°1 in D-minor dedicated to Sergey Prokofiev; “Best Composition of Year 2017” (Georgia) with a work for piano trio entitled “The Elements”; His Piano Toccata won Grand Prize at the “Golden Key Piano Composition Competition 2018” (Vienna, Austria) and at the "O.Taktakishvili Open Competition" (Georgia).
In addition to works for solo piano, Sandro has composed The Solar System for quartet, the chamber opera Once, a piano concerto for symphonic orchestra (premiered it with Georgian Philarmonic Orchestra under the baton of Ariel Zukermann in 2016), two piano trios, a sonata for cello and piano, symphonic ballad, string quartet and a chamber ballet.
Sandro has participated in piano master classes with Arie Vardi, Elisso Virsaladze, Hans-Jurg Strub and studied composition in master classes with Joseph Bardanashvili.
Sandro has performed with numerous orchestras under the batons of such conductors as Ariel Zukerman, Gianandrea Noseda, Alexander Sladkovsky, Vakhtang Machavariani, Dmitri Shestakov, Enkhe, Revaz Takidze, Mirian Khukhunaishvili, Kakhi Solomnishvili, Kurt Schmidt, Vladimir Sirenko.
Sandro is performing in more and more international festivals as a soloist, with chamber music ensemble and symphonic orchestra. Many of his own compositions are featured on the program billing. For example, Sandro performed his own works at Denis Matsuev’s festivals “Crescendo” - Perm, Yekaterinburg, in Pskov and Moscow, “Stars on Baikal” - Irkutsk, “White Lilac” in Kazan; He also performs on the festivals in Europe, such as "Festival d’Auvers sur-Oise“ (France), “Mozart-Augsburg” and “Festspiele der Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” (Germany); “Night Serenades”, “Tsinandali Festival”, „Chamber Music Festival” (Georgia); “Kurt Schmitt and Young Talents” (Ukraine).
• First Prize of the competition “Musica.Sepashvili Klavierwettbeweb” (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2009);
• First Prize and Laureate of B.Dvarionas International Piano Competition (Vilnius, Lithuvenia, 2012);
• First Prize and Laureate of International Piano Competition-Festival “Sberbank-Debut” (Kiev, Ukraine, 2013);
• First Prize and Laureate of International Piano Competition-Festival “Astana Piano Passion” (Astana, Kazakhstan, 2015);
• Grand-Prix and Laureate of First International Piano Competition-Festival “Grand Piano Competition” (Moscow, Russia, 2016);
• Finalist of the First China Music Competition (Beijing, China, 2019)
• Winner of the Contest "Tsinandali Award" (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2019)
• Second Prize of the "Kissinger Klavierolymp" (Kissingen, Germany 2021)
Sandro together with piano pieces, composed also chamber quartet “The Solar System”, chamber opera “Once” (inspired by Georgian writer J.Karchkhadze, 2014), Piano Concerto N1 in D min. with Symphony Orchestra (2014-2015), Piano Sonata N1 (2015-2016), Piano trio N1 (2016), Symphony Ballade (2017), Cello Sonata (2017), Piano Trio N2 (2018), Piano transcription of Symphony Ballade for 4 hands (2018), Piano transcription of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" (2018).
• Second Prize of the competition of Georgian National Opera - Opera "Once" ( Tbilisi, Georgia, 2014);
• Winner of the Festival “FanArt” in nomination of classical composition - "Illusion", duet for saxophone and piano (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2015);
• Winner of the contest “Best composition of year 2016” – Piano Concerto N1, in D min, dedicated to S.Prokofiev (Tbilisi, Georgia, composed in 2014);
• Winner of the contest “Best composition of year 2017” – Piano Trio N1 “The Elements” (Tbilisi, Georgia, composed in 2016);
• Winner of the “Golden Key Piano Composition Competition 2018” - Piano Toccata (Vienna, Austria, composed in 2017);
• Winner and Grand-Prix of O.Taktakishvili Open Competition in nomination Composition - Piano Toccata (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2018)