Competition & Prizes as a Pianist
Laureate | Sberbank-Debut (2013), 1st Prize | Astana Piano Passion (2015), Grand-Prix Winner | Grand Piano Competition (2016), Finalist | 1st China International Music Competition (2019), 2nd Prize | Kissinger Klavierolymp (2021), Laureate | Hastings International Piano Competition (2022)
In addition to works for solo piano, Sandro has composed The Solar System for quartet, the chamber opera Once, a piano concerto for symphonic orchestra (premiered it with Georgian Philarmonic Orchestra under the baton of Ariel Zukermann in 2016), two piano trios, a sonata for cello and piano, symphonic ballad, string quartet, piano quintet, a chamber ballet and Piano concerto N2 with strings.
Sandro Nebieridze was born on January 7, 2001 in Tbilisi, Georgia. He began to study piano at the age of 5 with Professor Lali Sanikidze and composition at the age of 9 with Professor Maka Virsaladze. From September 2018-2021 was student of Tbilisi State Conservatory, where he is studying piano, along with composition. Since October 2021 studies Piano at Munich School of Music and Theatre with Prof. Antti Siirala. Sandro is the winner of several international piano and composition competitions. Also participant of international festivals in Europe, Russia and Georgia.
In September 2019, Sandro’s first album was released worldwide of solo works for piano by Rachmaninoff and Prokofiev. This album was recorded for Harmonia Nova. It was produced and distributed internationally by one of the most prestigious labels in the world - Harmonia Mundi. In December 2019 this album was awarded a very prestigious Georgian prize for Musical Arts – the ‘‘Tsinandali Prize’’ and was nominated on Opus Klassic 2020.
Since 2021 Sandro was selected as a scholarship holder of the “Lisa Batiashvili Foundation”.
In 2018 Sandro had solo recital at Rachmaninoff’s Vila Senar, Switzerland.
Sandro has participated in piano master classes with Arie Vardi, Elisso Virsaladze, Dmitri Bashkirov, Hans-Jurg Strub and studied composition in master classes with Joseph Bardanashvili.
Sandro performed on different festivals in Georgia and abroad too, such as – Night Serenades, Tsinandali Festival, Mozart-Augsburg, Festspiele der Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Festival d’Auvers sur-Oise. Denis Matsuev’s Festivals – Crescendo, White Lilac, Stars on Baikal.
Sandro has performed with numerous orchestras, such as – Georgian Philarmonic Orchestra, Moscow Symphony Orchestra, Royal Philarmonic Orchestra, Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Branderburger Symphony Orchestra. Under the batons of such conductors as Petr Popelka, Olivier Tardy, Ariel Zukerman, Gianandrea Noseda, Alexander Sladkovsky, Vitali Alekseenok, Vakhtang Machavariani, Dmitri Shestakov, Enkhe, Revaz Takidze, Mirian Khukhunaishvili, Kakhi Solomnishvili, Kurt Schmidt, Vladimir Sirenko.
• First Prize of the competition “Musica.Sepashvili Klavierwettbeweb” (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2009);
• First Prize and Laureate of B.Dvarionas International Piano Competition (Vilnius, Lithuvenia, 2012);
• First Prize and Laureate of International Piano Competition-Festival “Sberbank-Debut” (Kiev, Ukraine, 2013);
• First Prize and Laureate of International Piano Competition-Festival “Astana Piano Passion” (Astana, Kazakhstan, 2015);
• Grand-Prix and Laureate of First International Piano Competition-Festival “Grand Piano Competition” (Moscow, Russia, 2016);
• Finalist of the First China Music Competition (Beijing, China, 2019)
• Winner of the Contest "Tsinandali Award" (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2019)
• Second Prize of the "Kissinger Klavierolymp" (Kissingen, Germany 2021)
• Laureate of "Hastings International Piano Concerto Competition" (Hastings, England, 2022 )
Sandro together with piano pieces, composed also chamber quartet “The Solar System”, chamber opera “Once” (inspired by Georgian writer J.Karchkhadze, 2014), Piano Concerto N1 in D min. with Symphony Orchestra (2014-2015), Piano Sonata N1 (2015-2016), Piano trio N1 (2016), Symphony Ballade (2017), Cello Sonata (2017), Piano Trio N2 (2018), Piano transcription of Symphony Ballade for 4 hands (2018), Piano transcription of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" (2018).
• Second Prize of the competition of Georgian National Opera - Opera "Once" ( Tbilisi, Georgia, 2014);
• Winner of the Festival “FanArt” in nomination of classical composition - "Illusion", duet for saxophone and piano (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2015);
• Winner of the contest “Best composition of year 2016” – Piano Concerto N1, in D min, dedicated to S.Prokofiev (Tbilisi, Georgia, composed in 2014);
• Winner of the contest “Best composition of year 2017” – Piano Trio N1 “The Elements” (Tbilisi, Georgia, composed in 2016);
• Winner of the “Golden Key Piano Composition Competition 2018” - Piano Toccata (Vienna, Austria, composed in 2017);
• Winner and Grand-Prix of O.Taktakishvili Open Competition in nomination Composition - Piano Toccata (Tbilisi, Georgia, 2018)
• „Two Mysteries for Cello and Piano“ | Laureate, B.Kvernadze Competition (Georgia, 2021)
• „Illusion Tango“ and „Choir of Old Times and People...“ – Laureate, National Competition by Ministry of Culture of Georgia (2022)